When I was growing up my mom loved to cook foods from other countries. So I grew up with an appreciation of all kinds of foods. However, my absolute favorite is Greek food. You may see lots of those kinds of recipes here on this blog. Here is my recipe for Tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!
- 2 c. thick strained Kefir
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 2-4 cloves of garlic (to your taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Splash of Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh or 2 tsp of Dried Dill
The Night Before: Strain the Kefir with a Tea towel hung over a bowl for a few hours. Place the kefir ‘bag’ on a strainer and place over the bowl in the fridge overnight.
The Next Day:
- Coarsely grate the peeled cucumber and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with grilled pitas, eat as a sauce for gyros, use as a dip for veggies or anything else you can think of : )